Thursday, June 13, 2013

The end of May

Wow I did a good job at keeping up with May...

Where did I leave off at?? Oh yes!  May 17 I was going to have a girls nigh out as part of my birthday celebrations. Well... That didn't happen. One wasn't feeling good, one was late, and one had to leave early. So we stayed in had a couple of drinks and just got caught up with everyone. It was a nice and relaxing evening.

Then May 20th happened. Huge storms and tornados hit Moore. Luckily all my family and friends were okay and still had there homes and families. I work in Norman but live in SW OKC. I wasn't able to go home that night. I spent the night at mom's house since she lived in norman. All I wanted was to go home that night and be with my husband. But the highways were at a dead stop and the back roads weren't passable. My heart was just broken. We watched hours and hours of news trying to figure out what all happened.

May 20- 26 was stressful and I was very much so looking forward to the 3 day weekend. Saturday we went and saw Star Trek ( good but I liked the 1st one more) and walked around quail springs mall. Sunday I got to see my Aunt Kelly, Uncle Greg, and cousin Rachel. It was so nice to see them! I haven't seen Uncle Greg in years and last time I saw Aunt Kelly and Rachel was TJ's wedding. Monday we ended up going to watch Fast and Furious 6 ( it was okay). Overall it was a relaxing weekend.
Me and my cousin Rachel

Uncle Greg and Aunt Kelly












Power poles down. The apartments across the street took a hit.
May 31st another bad round of storms were coming. Me and John were able to get home before they were projected to hit. We had bags packed (just in case),and had our spare mattress waiting in the hall way. John's parents call us asking if we're okay. Then my brother calls and asks if we're okay. (Yes were watching the news but I guess not all that well.) Well my brother calls again and says "what's your plan?". If he is panicking then I know we're going to get hit bad and need to get out of there. So we go to my brother's friend's temporary place at Hillsdale (their home was damaged but not gone). They were staying at the apartments and theirs is mostly underground. So I knew we were safe.
We didn't have power at our place and streets were flooded so we drove to Norman to spend the night with my inlaws. I woke up to pancakes and bacon in the morning! :) We were able to get back to apartment and were luck that we didn't have any problems.

We just got a lot of shingles (that weren't ours) and branches.


June 1st we celebrated my cousin Sam turning 16! We also hung out with our best friends that evening. After the last couple of weeks it was nice to be around our family and friends.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment