Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day

Well this years valentine's was a bit of a bust.
Last year my husband pulled out all the stops. Flowers, cupcake, gift card to get my nails done, and cleaned the house. This year I wanted to do something special for him since we weren't getting each other anything.
Part 1: Valentine's Day
 He always cooks so I thought for valentine's day I would cook. It was disaster. I think I got to ambitious with the recipe. I'm not a very cook any way and to pick something hard to cook was a bad idea. I was going to try to make Chicken Rollatini ( its like lasagna rolls but chicken instead of noodles). I got the wrong chicken first of all. It was to thick to roll so it ended up being stuffed chicken. Then I cooked it and it wasn't done. I throw it back in the oven for another 25 minutes and its finally done. Its 7 o'clock before we get to eat and its bad. I don't know if I didn't use enough seasoning but it just wasn't good. Luckily I knew this would happen so I picked up La Baguette for dessert.
We had a glass of wine and laughed about the whole thing. Unfortunately I hadn't ate much that day and ended up getting drunk with my one glass of wine and falling asleep at 8:30.
I felt so bad. John was really sweet about it all and just said "Lets go out to eat next year."
Oh and even though we said no gifts this year he had flowers delivered to my work. The day after valentine's day I went and picked up a case of beer and the new 007 movie I was so lame on valentine's day.
Part 2: Valentine's Date (This one went better)
We never go out on valentine's day just because its busy every where!
We made our christmas movie and restaurant gift cards last till feb 16 so we ended up not spending a lot! We went to Charleston's for dinner and we saw our first IMAX movie; A Good Day To Die Hard.
 The imax theater is really cool but the movie was just okay. I'm not saying this because I'm a girl. I love action movies, especially Die Hard or Bruce Willis movies but this wasn't his best. And can I just say Bruce Willis is a good looking man! I know he's like my dad's age but he's hot.
Any who... It was a good Valentine's Day. It will be a good story to tell our kids one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment