Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Festivities

December 22: Before the busyness of the holiday weekend started, we went on a date. We saw This is 40, which was really good but felt very long. It was nice to have my husband all to myself for a bit.

December 23: We went to Okmulgee to visit John's Grandfather and give him his christmas gift. We had a dinner at this pub call Ike's. Really good chicken fried steak! It was fun and I think we lifted his spirits by stopping by!

December 24: Since we had a potential snow storm coming our way, My day started out by going to Walmart and getting something special for christmas dinner, just in case. When John got off work we headed to his parents house where we ate, opened gifts, and enjoyed each others company. I loved the spiked boiled custard! I got our "furry sisters" a couple of new toys which they liked so much they ate one of the toys legs! Haha!

December 25: We woke up and opened each others gifts. I got a couple of movies, season 5 of Mad Men, and a couple of gift cards to go shopping with. My husband knows the way to my heart! :)
I got John a couple of movies and a video game. I filled his stocking with the little bottles of whiskey and a cigar. Since the weather didn't look to bad we decided to venture out to my Grandma's. We played dirty santa this year ( something I hope we continue to do) and played my cousin's game catch phrase which all of us at one point was just guessing "poop!" Haha! It was a lot of fun!

I was very happy that the roads weren't bad and I got to see my family. That's all I wanted this year!
Super excited to go see Grandma and Papa this weekend in Sulphur!

John wrote this on one of my gifts :)
 

 
Christmas Eve at The Gortons



No comments:

Post a Comment